Insight Vacations offers several programs that visit iconic religious locations in Europe, including the Vatican Museums, the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi, and Our Lady of Fátima in Portugal, all aimed at giving guests a sense of personal renewal.
“Clients can visit these sacred and ancient sites across Europe where throughout the centuries, millions of pilgrims embarked on journeys of a lifetime,” said Insight President Phil Cappelli. “Insight offers meaningful and stress-free encounters at these historical sites, where modern travelers can find their own spiritual fulfillment.”
Click below to access the Insight Vacations 2018 brochure or call 410-984-8114 for more information.
Country Roads of Portugal
This 11-day tour through Portugal explores the New World discoveries that brought this country trade and wealth. Witness this legacy from the sunny beaches of the Algarve to the vineyards of the Duoro Valley while experiencing some of the most important Catholic shrines in the world.
- Évora: Explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site with your Local Expert. See the famous Roman Temple, and visit the fascinating cathedral, with its mix of Romanesque and Gothic architecture, as well as Capela dos Ossos, the Chapel of Bones.
- Tomar: Dominating the town is the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Templar Castle and the Convent of Christ. During your visit with a Local Expert, see the Manueline Window and follow the story of the mysterious Knights Templar.
- Tomar: Guided by your Local Expert, visit the Synagogue of Tomar, one of the best preserved medieval synagogues in Portugal.
- Lisbon: Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Jerónimos Monastery with its beautiful Manueline architecture, reflecting Portugal’s trade over the centuries.
- Obidos: Walk through the picturesque narrow streets up to the main square of this ancient walled town.
- Fátima: Join the faithful at one of the world’s holiest sites and pay homage at the Chapel of the Apparitions or see the basilica.
- Guimarães: Enjoy views from the ruined castle and explore the maze of streets in the historic Old Quarter.
Call 410-984-8114 for more information and pricing. Tour: INSVAC